Here at Angela G. Leal Elementary your child's health is important to us. Please read the following notices:
The San Benito C.I.S.D. requires that all students who need medication during school hours must do the following:Medication should be delivered to the school nurse, principal or responsible adult by the parent/guardian and picked up by parent/guardian. Medication will NOT be sent home with student.Parent/guardian must sign consent form.Medication should be in the original prescription bottle (pharmacy label), properly labeled by a registered pharmacist as prescribed by law. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 2765055
Sick Day Guidelines
Children should stay home from school if they meet any of the following criteria:
* Fever of 100 degrees or greater
* Vomiting or diarrhea
* Symptoms that would prevent your child from actively participating in school activities such as lethargic, poor appetite, uncontrollable cough, frequent sneezing, and a sore throat (even when present without a fever).
24 Hour Rule
* Fever: Keep your child home until their fever is less than 100 degrees with out fever reducing medications for 24 hours. The common cold can be contagious for at least 48 hours. Returning to school too soon may slow recovery and may also make other students and staff members sick.
* Vomiting or diarrhea: Keep your child home for 24 hours after the last time he or she vomited or had diarrhea
* Antibiotics: Keep your child home for 24 hours after the FIRST dose of antibiotics for conditions like ear infections, strep throat, etc.
PLEASE HELP OTHERS FROM BECOMING SICK BY KEEPING YOUR CHILD HOME DURING THIER ILLNESS. Please contact me if you have questions.
Jamie Salinas, RN